Friday, September 21, 2007

Languages

This is interesting...

The System Admin guy has come to help me transfer data to a new system.

And yes, I am friendly, not to mention, starved for company (I sit at my desk all day, and I rush home to chatter nonstop to the first person I meet - my workaholic sister, her room mate or my room mate's boyfriend. All of whom sort of shuffle away after an hour or so, muttering something that strangely sounds like 'migraine'. Hmm...).

So I start a conversation with the Sys Admin guy.

He's pretty friendly, and after conversing for some time, comments that I speak better English than a few of my other colleagues.

I smile benignly at him, while I think 'Gee, I sure hope so. I mean, after all, English is the only language I'm good at, including my mothertongue.'

Yeah, I'm not proud of it, but anyone who knows me knows about my poor skills at linguistics. It's like synonymous with my persona.

And I got hell at college for that. Ha! So my debt is paid, and the Gods love me again. :D

No comments: