Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Midnight Moods (In the literal way, people!)

Even though it was a Friday evening, I had none of the weekend cheer. I was determined to finish my work on Friday itself since I couldn't come the following Saturday to complete it. So, it was 11:30pm before I got out of the Samsung campus.

I was in my office-mood -you know the one where you're still thinking about your work even though you're physically out of the office.

Exhausted, slightly cranky and very hungry, I was almost sure that by the time I got back, there wouldn't be any dinner left over at the GH. So I decided to skip the taxi home and try to find anything on the way which seemed even slightly edible. Hell, even bland seafood-y Korean stuff was an option right then.

But God loves me. So even at 12 am, a lot of the familar eat-outs were still open.

I looked around to mentally assess my choices:
* MoMo shop. Nada. Want something more substantial.
* Isaac's. Way too hungry for a small sandwhich.
* Pizza. Not in a mood for that much cheese.
* Sheffy's Hotdog. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! <--ok, catch phrase from Scrubs, couldn't resist.

While I waited for my hotdog (Chilli, yumm!), I noticed that at the store, apart from the expected adult crowd, there were school kids too! My reaction: "That's not fair! Kids get to hang out outside at 12 am in Suwon, while I have to get into the house by 10pm in Blore???" <-- BTW, that's not pathetic, it's just this safety thing... And the fact that I don't get to go out much :D

A couple of giggly school girls sat nearby, eating their icecreams. It made me feel a lil nostalgic about my school days (and oh, that made me feel old. But let's not go there :D). There was a Korean sitcom playing on TV, so I amused myself watching it (and no, I didn't understand a word). My point is that my office-mood was slowly melting away.

It's the little things that make me happy. I got my hotdog. I decided to eat it on my way home. I saw a lot of people enjoying their night out. When I got back to the GH, one of my favorite songs was playing on TV, and there was still some food left. Yay, it was egg-burji! My favorite! :D After a short dinner and bopping my head to the music, I went up to my room, tucked myself in bed and watched 6 episodes of Scrubs at a stretch.

And that was when my mind FINALLY sang out: "Work? What work? TGIF ALL the way..." :)

2 comments:

himabindu said...

Molsi!love ur blog,,now I want a hot dog too :(

Mocha said...

Thankyou!! :D And the HotDog store is almost next door to the office... We can go there anytime you want :)