Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reviews and what not

I've been downloading and watching quite a few movies lately (though they may be rated 'old' in a movie buff's list), so why not a few personal reviews and unwanted opinion? :D

#1: Juno
This one won an Oscar for Original Screenplay and rightly so. It's pretty different and is (sarcastically) funny at times. I'm not sure if I'd watch it a second time... Was not exactly feel-good for me, and it didn't leave me wondering long after the credits. But yeah, definitely worth a watch.

#2: The Reaping
Ugh. Don't bother with this one. I usually get sleepless nights after watching even the lamest of horror flicks. But this was so pointless that I don't even remember the storyline now.

#3: Beowulf
For some reason, this animated movie gave me the creeps. Really! With all its spooky music, setting and animated characters... I'd give it a 3/5

On my download list: 1. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 2. Scrubs Season 5

Songs I'm listening to at the moment:
1. Sunny came home - Shawn Colvin (The guitar is amazing)
2. All I wanna do - Sheryl Crow
3. You were meant for me - Jewel (If I could have anyone's voice, I'd choose hers)
4. Foolish games - Jewel
5. Stay - Lisa Loeb
6. Where have all the cowboys gone - Paula Cole (Amazing video)
7. Song 2 - Blur
8. I'm with you - Avril Lavigne
9. One of us - Joan Osbourne (Lyrics for this one)
10. Complicated - Avril Lavigne (Remember, DJ? :) )
11. Linger - The Cranberries

Yeah, they're music from the last decade (except Avril Lavigne of course). I miss the 90s. :(

Lastly, some food for thought: Guys and girls are really different. <-- Yeah, I know, that's a no-brainer. But I felt the 'full force' of it only half an hour ago. I was trying to make a guy understand what the 'problem' was (it wasn't technical), but he didn't get it at all. He kept offering solutions to a problem which didn't exist even though I tried to make it clear to him several times. It could have been because he was least bothered. That's true. But anyways, I explained the problem to another girl friend and she told me exactly what I needed to know.

So it made me think. And I'll leave it at that. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't lie, I love Juno... most definitely one of my favorite movies, ha! If you haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine, you could consider that one, it's a cute independent movie (again, a favorite)..

AND if you haven't seen Garden State - that one. Zach Braff (guy from scrubs) directed it! He was also in The Last Kiss - I love that movie because it's real (And parts were filmed in the city I live in! In the opening credits, it's filmed by the Capitol, I love four blocks from there!!!).

Whoops this was a bit longer than I anticipated! I can't wait to watch one of those movies now!

This is Dawn btw, I'm having issues signing in.

Mocha said...

I have watched Little Miss Sunshine! And yes, it's funny! The theme is good and I can definitely relate to it as well :D
And yay, now I know what's next to download. Thanks for the tips! ;)