Monday, February 25, 2008

Again!

It snowed again!

This time, the transition from a dry, barren ground to a winter wonderland happened right in front of my eyes.

It started off with the normal slightly-cold morning. At noon, as I had lunch outside, I noticed that the weather wasn't as sunny as it should have been but was, in fact, cloudy. So I predicted rain. After all, it did rain last Friday, I thought.

The afternoon wore on as I worked near one of the office windows. Then I noticed the air outside suddenly grow foggy and misty... Wait a second! That's not fog! That's not rain! It's SNOW! OMG!!

Rag and I couldn't wait to go down to the basement to have a look at the beautiful white snow... The short conical bushes on the grounds looked like Christmas trees from one of those English movies. :)

It didn't stop snowing even at night when we made our way back to the GH after work.

After having dinner, I had to go to a nearby convenience store to buy a few things. The short walk also gave me time to appreciate the crunch and the softness of newly formed snow beneath my shoes. I couldn't help periodically swooping down and crushing snow in my hands too. Kinda childish of me, I admit. :)

At the store, I was a bit preoccupied and as I was wondering how much to pay, the salesman replied 'In Korean, simchan won means 3000 Korean wons.' I was surprised. A Korean willingly speaking English to me! He said, 'Thankyou! That's Khamsamida in Korean' and then he smiled.

As I made my way back to to the GH, I couldn't but feel ridiculously happy.

Yep.

Snow + a cute Korean. My favorite combination to end any day. :D

No comments: