Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sliders

While I was growing up, I used to watch a television series called Sliders that was aired every Thursday evening at 8pm on Channel 33. Apart from having a major crush on one of the stars (Jerry O'Connell who played Quinn Mallory), I loved the theme of the show: alternate dimensions and parallel universes.

In this universe, you're this person who has done so much. But what if you changed one decision and that caused you to take another road at a junction, altering your entire life... The idea is mind-boggling to me. :)

You may think that I'm the weirdest person alive, but it really is fun to think about it. Like for example, my mom got an opportunity to work in USA when she was younger. Being newly-weds then, my Dad asked her not to go so far away but live together in Dubai instead. That's where my parents started our family.

So if I use this parallel dimensions theory, had I been brought up in the States, I know a lot of things would be different from what it is now: from my education, profession, opportunities, priorities right down to my personality. Of course, it does mean not knowing the wonderful people I have met till now...

Anyways.

So whatdya think? If such a thing existed, who would you be in an alternate universe?

3 comments:

Kartik Moorthy said...

haha! Think about it... if your parents had done something else... would you be here in the first place?!?! :)

Mocha said...

Sure, why not?
If my parents were living together in another place, what would prevent me from being here? :D

Kartik Krishnamoorthy said...

its all a matter of chance.... you may have been someone else, with maybe another name!!! maybe thinner ;) ( couldn't resist it, BUT i haven't seen you in sometime, so don't know whether what i just said STILL holds :D )or maybe even worse than what you are now... :)