Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine

It was Valentine's Day yesterday!

Like any other place, there had been V-Day hype going on in Suwon for quite some time. Restaurants and coffee bars offered that special something for the loved one, blah blah and oh, BLAH.

So I had gone to HomePlus, the previous weekend, to take a sneak-peek. As expected, there were the usual Valentine's Day paraphernalia like heart-shaped balloons, gifts, teddy bears etc

But get this: on one side of the bakery section, propped up against a wall, was a 20-foot long table which was FILLED with chocolates. So many different kinds of them! Some were wrapped in gold foil, some in classy boxes and others in girly ones with pink ribbons. There were also packets and packets of Ferraro Rocher, Belgian and other luxury chocolates plus giant packs of the normal garden-variety like M&Ms, Snickers, Twix... I was in HEAVEN. I took my own sweet time (15 minutes) in finding a small box for myself..

Sigh.

Now I can die happy. :D

Back to Valentine's Day. Did you know that in South Korea it's the women who give chocolates? Apart from being shocked beyond belief when I heard that, I instantly thought of women bondage and those poor ladies who had to give up their special milk/white/dark/minted chocolates to a buncha idiots who probably didn't deserve them (the chocolates, I mean) in the first place.

Oh you all, I'm just kidding! Me just a teeny wee bit possessive when it comes to my beloved... :D

Anyway, last night, the GH owner's sister gave us home-made chocolates as after-dinner dessert. They were very, VERY good. In fact, the next time I go home, I'm gonna rip off a few recipes from the Internet and try making some myself. :)

Oh, I forgot! Yesterday, my colleagues, Rag & Sid, gave me a few candies too.

Thank God for sweet guys. That's how I get by. :D

(And yes I know, this is yet ANOTHER entry about food!!)

2 comments:

Poornima said...

Watch urself, sweetie! :)

Mocha said...

Unfortunately Poornima, the advice is a bit too late. I think I now resemble a small whale. :D Hoping Blore's hustle n bustle will tone me down ;)