Friday, December 14, 2007

Feminism

Some of my friends, after reading my blog entries, commented that it seems as though I hate men and that I am a big feminist.

One question... Is it THAT evident??? Haha.

Well, to clear the air, I'm not much of a feminist. But I do want to see both sexes be treated equally. I hate the fact that women can't do this and that but men can. Just because God made me a woman doesn't make me any weaker than a man. Yes, genetically we are built differently but should those physical differences mean different rights? Even women should have the same freedom of saying 'yes' and 'no' rather than being forced to doing it or not... Anyway, that's another topic altogether...

I was brought up in a female dominated environment. Grew up with my elder sisters as my role models. Unconsciously I like female singers more than male artistes. I love sketching women (hopeless at drawing men). Have more girls as my friends than guys.

I've had bitter experiences with a few guys... But it has happened with a few nasty women as well. I do tend to be wary. But that doesn't mean that I don't cultivate healthy relationships. I love spending time with my male best friends and I have crushes on guys all the time. :)

It just happens that I've been influenced by some strong women and maybe my writing protrays it. :)

No comments: