Thursday, December 13, 2007

Skin-deep

Show me one guy who's not superficial, and I will give you the whole world... (BTW, would a miniature globe do?)

But seriously, 80% of the guys I know (the rest 20% of the male population consist of those who are either too young or too old) are so concerned about the upper layer, the appearance factor...

I was frankly shocked and a little unhappy when two girls on seperate occasions told me that their significant others had asked them to lose weight or to not wear certain clothes... because it would make the guys look bad.

SAY WHAT?

I mean, first of all, the guys in question themselves would have to do a major make over and lets add a dash of cosmetic surgery before they can even think of looking good, forget great so it's definitely not worth touching on about who they're out with. :(

I do get it that women are superficial too.. and they play a lot based on their own appearances. But I also believe in the saying 'do unto others what you would have others to do unto you'. So these girls, being nice and pretty in their own right, really don't deserve those guys.

What about those who are not so lucky to be blessed with good looks? Do they lose out on friends? Are they even given a chance?

Just a little unhappy about that... And I know that there are men and women out there to whom looks don't matter at all... But it's hard to find them. And it's hard to find meaningful friends who look beyond what's skin deep. Period.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hi, I randomly found your blog.
& I'd like to say I like it. :D
I agree. Guys... sooooo superficial. And it's beginning to rub off on girls. :/

Mocha said...

Thanks so much Kat! And I'm still browsing through your blog. Very interesting, I must say. :)

Unknown said...

Too broad a brushstroke.
But yes, men generally give more importance to appearence - maybe something evolutionary.

Found ur blog by random browsing. Keep writing.
Cheerz.