Friday, December 7, 2007

Old

This was something I wrote a long time ago.. While I was in Cochin.

Hey,

You guys got to know what happened today! As we all know, the Penta Girls' electricity bill had not been paid till today.

Roopster let us know that the electricity had been cut off today morning. So we knew that today was our last chance to pay the bill, else we'd have to eat AALLLLL the chicken and beef and all that would get spoilt since the fridge wouldnt function... and Roopster would get cranky since she couldnt watch her beloved TV... and Chalu Queen would get all upset since she couldn't talk her normal hours with her fiance... and that would upset the rest of us... and we'd sleep and wake up the next morning, feeling cranky and hot... and end up eating Roopster for breakfast since her griping would just be too much to bear.

However, super heroines Monkey-ma & I came to the rescue!

Monkey-ma went to KSEB, Kakkanad at 11pm. But there was a LOOONNGG queue, and she decided to call it quits and return back in the afternoon. You can pay the bill from 2pm to 3pm. So she went to Palarivattom to meet her friend for lunch.

I'm quite the avid reader and love cultivating my classical sense of literary interests (that's the drip of exaggeration that you hear). Because of the fact that I'm so gifted (from birth, daaah-ling), I went to the library at Kakkanad, and finished around 2:15. I called up Monkey-ma and we agreed to meet near KSEB around 2:30.

We went to KSEB and were really happy to see that there was a short queue. Finally we reached the front of the line. The lady took one look at our bill and told us that we'd have to pay it at KSEB, Palarivattom (I guess Padivattom comes under Palarivattom) and that yes, it closes at 3pm too.

Monkey-ma and I both exchanged frightened glances.. Only one thing was going through our minds... 'Do we REALLY wanna eat Roopster meat tomorrow morning *gasp*???'There was no time to lose. It was already 2:40pm. We needed to take action quick.

With an exchange of couple of calls, we found out that Roopster was at Panampilly Nagar. Obviously, she wouldnt be able to even try paying the bill at Palarivattom without the bill (Remember that the bill was with Monkey-ma & I).

With heavy hearts knowing that we wouldn't be able to make it in time and curiousity about how Roopster Meat tastes like ('Hmmm??'), we buckled into our seats. Monkey-ma drove like a mad woman into the deep and rotten realms of the Palarivattom traffic jungle.. (ok, fine, that was sheer exaggeration. We DIDN'T wear our seat belts and Monkey-ma drove normally.. like a mad woman, but still.:D OK FINE, SHE DROVE WELL and thankfully by some act of God, there wasn't much traffic). I scrambled outta the car seat when we stopped opposite Renaissance, and started asking passerbys about KSEB. Thankfully one old, wise, knowledgeable saint (ok, fine a young shopkeeper) gave us the directions.

We reached the gate at exactly 3pm.

While Monkey-ma took the time to park her car, I half ran (and tottered) on my new, green Paprika (very fine, daaahh-ling) sandles to the building. After asking a few more directions (why does EVERYTHING have to be written in malayalam? I'm panic-stricken here, OMG), I finally reached the cashier.. where thankfully, there were exactly 2 men in the line. I looked at my watch. It was 5 past 3, but the gentleman behind the counter (what a nice man) made no sign of impatience. He took my bill and after a few quizzical moments, we paid our money. We had to complain that our current supply got cut off at a section reeeeaaalllly far away (ok, FINE, it was on our way back to the car), but we did it coz we're Super Girls.

Finally Monkey-ma and I trudged our way to office... wearily... happily (who on EARTH would want to have Roopster Meat?) ... knowing that next time, well.. there just wouldn't be a next time, would there?

I've decided. They should call us Beautiful Fast-running Girl 1 (Me) & Beautiful Car-Driving Girl 2 (Monkey-ma).. Partners in Payment (whatever).

What do you think they should call the comic strip...?

:D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Fast and the Flirtatious???
:D

I liked reading this one again..

JJ ;)

Poornima said...

Heehee, funny! :D