Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Friends

Something I have been meaning to post for a long time...

Book for November 3rd week was the novel 'How To Kill Your Husband (and Other Handy Household Hints)' by Kathy Lette. Don't get shocked! It's a chick-lit book (gifted to me by DJ but that's another story altogether!) about three girlfriends who stick by each other even when their spouses are adulterous(??)/inattentive/con-men. The gist is that if you have true girlfriends (or friends in general), you can survive life no matter what.

To an extent that is so right.

In November, I was having some personal problems, and I was dealing with it in a very Me-way... by procrastinating. DJ and JJ knew about it and they wanted to make me feel better. One day, when DJ was in the vicinity of my office, she stayed back till I got out. On our way to her place, we spoke of serious topics and other matters not relating to my problems as the whole point was to avoid them altogether. :D

We reached DJ's home where JJ had already started making a very simple but a sumptuous meal. I guess it was more delish because of the fun we were having. Our dinner lasted around 1 hour! We talked of old stories and laughed at the same things that used to make us laugh years ago. I had a wonderful time. When it was late, and I couldn't postpone leaving, I walked my way home.

I didn't want solutions to my problems. Just needed an outlet, and my friends gave me what I needed. DJ & JJ, thanks for being there. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you...!