Friday, January 11, 2008

Nutshell

I had written a very long entry about Korea the other day... Unfortunately, it didn't get saved and neither did it get published. So I'll rewrite everything in short I suppose.

As I had mentioned in one of my previous blog entries, I was not feeling well on my flight from Bangalore to Singapore. I was quite apprehensive about boarding the next flight which would take around 5.5 hours to reach Korea. But thankfully, I fell asleep during take off and I woke up feeling great.

Singapore Airlines is really good. I'm a die hard Emirates fan, but I could definitely find both airlines comparable. Hospitality is great and so is the food. But entertainment wise, I find Emirates leading all the way to the top.

Singapore Changi International Airport is a big and beautiful place... Apart from a variety of shopping venues and restaurants, it offers many services to it's travellers like free Internet access, movies, games and even a free city tour (but you can't get out of the tour bus though). I would love to take a closer look on my way back to Bangalore.

We reached Korea on Sunday afternoon around 4 pm. Then we took a limosuine bus from Incheon to Suwon (we had to get off at a bus stop called Hotel Castle). The ride was very comfortable. In fact, I liked it better than both the flights! :D

The Guest House people drove us from Hotel Castle till Park-22. I found myself sharing a room with another lady due to the unavailability of single rooms at that moment. But my room mate was fun and so I made a lady friend. In fact, on the same night we even went on a walk to a nearby mart called HomePlus.

I really like Suwon. The roads are wide. The streets are clean. Since it's winter, the trees have shed their leaves but they still have a quiet elegance about them. The Koreans seem nice and friendly. But most of them do not know English. So it can be a laugh for them and for us when we try to communicate.

On Monday evening, two of my colleagues and I went to a nearby store to buy icecream. It was bitterly cold and I could barely distinguish between my fingers and the icecream, but hey it was delish! The ice cream I had was a choco bar with a layer of chocolate cookies. Yum!!

The Samsung Campus is HUGE. A lot of the buildings have 20+ floors and all have very good facilities... The elevators are super fast, the security is tight... I was (and still am) impressed.

It's Friday and I'm hoping to explore during the next couple of days. I love walking. So me looking forward to a great weekend. :)

No comments: