Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Co-passenger

My flight from Bangalore to Singapore during Saturday night was not very comfortable. It was a night flight but I couldn't sleep because I was so sick. I could almost imagine myself running towards the cockpit, banging on the door and demanding to be taken back to India so that i could go back to my home remedies. But then I would think, 'Take a U-turn?? That would take even longer!' So I would quietly settle back in my seat, willing my discomfort to go away. That and the fact that if I had attempted my antics, I would have been caught by the police after being labelled a hijacker also helped me to settle down. :D

The seats next to me were occupied by an Indian father and his daughter. His daughter was around 3 years old and it was quite evident that she had a Singaporean mother.

The girl was absolutely gorgeous. She had jet black, silky straight hair and her black almond shaped eyes were enormous. She kept persistenly asking her 'Daddy-ia' to show her 'pictures' on his Blackberry, while he was in a frantic hurry to tap away the last email before the plane took off. 'Sweetheart, let Daddy finish typing this email,' the man kept telling his daughter.

I'm a woman with least maternal instincts (I'm more of a pets person rather than a mother), but something made me want to give the little girl a big bear hug and hold her rosy cheeks against mine.

Obviously I had to refrain from doing so. I didn't want her father to think that I was weird. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as per my understanding of you ,I expected a narration of your hate on the 'daddy' for being busy with work and not his daughter!

Mocha said...

Obviously Comrade, you don't understand me at all. :)